Statements & payments / Energy usage still coming soon!

I have dumb electric and gas prepayment meters and switched to bulb on the 14th November. I was just wondering why the Statements & payments and Energy usage sections were still labelled as “coming soon!”. I am also curious as to why I have not been asked to provide any meter readings to bulb as of yet.

I have dumb electric and gas prepayment meters and switched to bulb on the 14th November. I was just wondering why the Statements & payments and Energy usage sections were still labelled as "coming soon!". I am also curious as to why I have not been asked to provide any meter readings to bulb as of yet.

That’s strange, about 5 days before the actual switch Bulb will ask for your meter readings.

Have you had various email notifications from Bulb since you first joined them advising you of the progress to the actual switch?:

That's strange, about 5 days before the actual switch Bulb will ask for your meter readings. Have you had various email notifications from Bulb since you first joined them advising you of the progress to the actual switch?:

The email communication I have had from bulb so far has been:
Sign up day: The ‘Congrats on joining bulb’ email followed by a ‘Well hello there’ email with the contracts for supply.
Two weeks later: an email saying bulb have posted the prepayment cards.
14 November: ‘You’re 100% bulb’ email with a link to resend the prepayment cards.
Several ‘Are you ready to top-up’ emails with a link to resend the prepayment cards even after starting to use the prepayment cards I had already received.
Other bulb emails I have had have been in relation to the referral scheme and specific help/account requests.

I asked this question here rather than emailing help as I wondered if there was a difference in the ‘my account’ interface experience between prepayment and direct debit customers as well as whether it was a frequent experience for bulb to take longer to open these ‘coming soon’ sections for prepayment accounts. Although in typing this I realise it could just be an issue with my actual account rather than a frequent issue. I am purely guessing that until these sections are opened I won’t get any requests for meter readings. Luckily I do have several readings from different points in time written down ready to share when requested to do so.

Surely if it’s a prepayment meter then you don’t have to submit meter readings since no one is going to produce an in-arrears bill for you? I wouldn’t know I’ve never had a prepayment meter.

Surely if it's a prepayment meter then you don't have to submit meter readings since no one is going to produce an in-arrears bill for you? I wouldn't know I've never had a prepayment meter.

In my experience with previous energy companies meter readings are required for two primary reasons. One reason is the changing rates due to the nature of variable tariffs which do not always correspond with the set rates on dumb prepayment meters. So you can being charged less or more than the actual cost of your used energy. Previously this has led to top up bills but rarely refunds! Secondly a minority of people defraud their prepayment meters, similar to standard meters, so if the energy company didn’t take readings they would be losing money.

@guiliker We don’t need you to send us meter readings, we actually get record of these whenever you top up!

With regards to statements and payments screen, that is something we are working on for prepay.

Thank you @“DanP at Bulb” Although it would have been reassuring to know both of those things during the sign up process as it is a different experience from the bigger energy suppliers, which people, like me, have more experience of.

@guiliker We don't need you to send us meter readings, we actually get record of these whenever you top up!

What about: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360006294991-How-do-I-read-my-prepayment-meter- =) =)

Funny you should post that @Allanr as I have been wondering about the prepayment gas meter. I can just about see how the electricity meter might collect data and share it when it is topped up (the blue button style prepayment meter), however I don’t quite understand how it could work with the gas prepayment meter. The gas prepayment meter is an A B style meter and as described on that bulb link there is no digital information on kWh usage only monetary usage. A better idea of the A B style meter I have can be seen here and as you can see it has a analogue meter. I guess bulb can work out the kWh usage from the monetary usage, but I would have thought that would have still needed a start reading.

Sorry for jumping into someone else’s year-old conversation but I have exactly the same question as the OP here.

We don’t need you to send us meter readings, we actually get record of these whenever you top up!
With regards to statements and payments screen, that is something we are working on for prepay.

Are you still working on this for prepayment meters?