Statements? :/

Hi,
I’ve been with bulb since around the beginning of June 2018 and have been giving regular (weekly to be honest! more for my benefit) meter readings. My credit is going up and up and up with my monthly payment but when I go to statements it says I don’t have any yet? Is this right? When do bulb adjust my credit so I know how much energy I’m using each month? Are statements every 4 months? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

It doesn’t do the credit stuff as other suppliers do. It uses the old accounting process, left column states charges due the right column shows your balance / credit. Charges are taken each month if using DD, your credit will show in the right column and if high at the moment you can lower the DD payment using payment preference. Then raise it as winter approaches, as that’s when we all get hit.

Thanks for the reply, I haven’t had a statement to look at yet, the way I read other posts it sounds like you get one every month? I’m in month 4 and have had nothing?

The statements are produced monthly and line up with when you get the monthly email which says how much energy you have used and how much your account is in credit.

Also if you go to this page: https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/payments-and-statements are you saying you can’t see any monthly statement or payments made?

It shows me money going in to my bulb account which is now £400+ but the only email I get every month is a reminder to say my monthly payment will be coming out in a couple of days, I’ve never had anything like a statement with a break down of units used/costs etc, my balance just keeps going up and up? :confused:

It shows me money going in to my bulb account which is now £400+ but the only email I get every month is a reminder to say my monthly payment will be coming out in a couple of days, I've never had anything like a statement with a break down of units used/costs etc, my balance just keeps going up and up? :/

I can only refer to my particulate circumstances, which ideally should also apply to your circumstances.

1. I receive a monthly email from Bulb which says how much money is going to come out of my bank account in 3 days time and also invites me to submit readings for an accurate statement to be produced. I always supply monthly meter readings.

2. Three days later I receive another email saying how much my statement is for the month and how much credit is in my account.

3. To look at my statements I then visit my “Payments & statements” at https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/payments-and-statements , on this page is the history of my statements and any payments made from my bank account plus a running total of the £’s in my Bulb account.

4. If you can see money going in, you should be able to see money going out which relates to your energy used with a link to the statement for that particular month.

Thanks Allanr, I think I’ll have to give them a ring tomorrow, on that link it only shows me the running total of the £’s into my bulb account, no other links to any detailed info regarding monthly usage etc. Plus if I go to ‘View Statements’ on the bulb app it is blank with the heading ‘You don’t have any statements yet’… I’ll call them tomorrow, cheers for your help

Spoke to Patrick at bulb this morning, who was incredibly helpful. There was a glitch on my account meaning I haven’t been recieving statements, which he was a bit puzzled by? My account was sort of under review, but no clear reason why? Anyway, he’s managed do something at their end and all should be sorted now. He also emailed me after the call with a suggestion that giving weekly meter readings may be upsetting their system and causing the system to doubt my account slightly.
The customer service at bulb so far for me has been second to none, you get connected pretty much instantly to someone in the UK who speaks to you like you’re a mate rather than a customer, but still in a professional way. Fantastic company to deal with! :+1:

Hi, @rob71 Really glad that this has now been sorted! It’s great to hear that you are enjoying our service, and I will pass your thanks on to Patrick =)