Still getting charged after switching

I recently switched away from Bulb after the latest round of price rises. I’m still paying the monthly direct debit and there hasn’t been any word from Bulb about this stopping. Does anybody have an idea how long it will take?

I recently switched away from Bulb after the latest round of price rises. I’m still paying the monthly direct debit and there hasn’t been any word from Bulb about this stopping. Does anybody have an idea how long it will take?

I can only assume that if the switch was very recent then Bulb may be waiting for details of the switch from your new supplier. Until Bulb receive this they wont know you are switching to enable them to produce your final bill and cease your direct debit payments, this can take up to six weeks. Please check out https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us and then “Switching to us” although it tells you what happens when you switch to Bulb, the same applies when you switch to another supplier.

@David83 We’re still waiting to get your final meter readings through - we’ve had your gas, but we’re still waiting on the electricity. It’s normal that they arrive at different times, and it’s normal that the electricity is slower as the validation process takes longer for electricity.

Once we’ve got the electricity we’ll be able to issue a final bill, and then refund any due credit.