Still no IHD after 11 weeks. Last month's statement used estimated reading.

2 engineers came and installed a Smart Meter on June 13th this year. My wife tells me they did various tests, but did not leave an In Home Display. I was told on 25th June that sending the IHD to my home might take between 4 and 8 weeks. It’s now been over 11 weeks since installation and still no IHD.

As an additional complaint, I noticed that on 3rd August I received an email that my July statement was based on an estimated reading, which means that although my account page says I’ve got a Smart Meter, the readings, if any, obviously aren’t being used so I’ve logged a customer reading.

How do I get someone to check my Smart Meter is working and send me an IHD so I can check my electricity usage?

I can’t find the complaints page on the Bulb web site so have sent an email to help@bulb.co.uk and logged this message in the hope of getting some response.

The forum is full of posts about smart meter issues and non-functioning IHDs. There’s a form somewhere to log your smart meter problem, although I’m not sure this actually does anything, as this is an industry-wide issue which is still being resolved. Hopefully you get a response to your email but I’d just keep manually submitting readings in the meantime.