stop moaning about Bulb

Hey everyone, stop moaning about Bulb. They’re a business and do what they do to make money, and we’re with them because they offer a cheaper energy alternative. With technology and laws constantly changing, Bulb have major issues especially from more established companies like bg. All energy companies are networked and a new company like Bulb will face many problems via the network. For example, when you switch to Bulb meter readings are incorrect or smart meters can be interferred with and deliberate hindrance of transfer from your previous supplier can be imposed. Give Bulb a chance and if they remain cheaper that others, stay with them.

Bulb have major issues especially from more established companies like bg. ... For example, when you switch to Bulb meter readings are incorrect or smart meters can be interferred with and deliberate hindrance of transfer from your previous supplier can be imposed.

Please cite your evidence of deliberate sabotage.

Bulb have major issues especially from more established companies like bg. ... For example, when you switch to Bulb meter readings are incorrect or smart meters can be interferred with and deliberate hindrance of transfer from your previous supplier can be imposed.
email from bulb

Please cite your evidence of deliberate sabotage.

check them to see. network and hacks. looks as though I’m leaving bulb.

hi bulb, it’s not aimed at you but that how things are nowadays. dd

anyway, bulb have seen me through crap with bg and i’m happy now.

@daviddorrington10

I have to admit I found your last three posts somewhat incoherent.

check them to see. network and hacks. looks as though I'm leaving bulb.

Please elaborate.