Storage Heaters, what's your winter usage?

I live in a 2 bed flat and have been running 3 storage heaters on an economy 7 tariff for most of winter.
I have taken readings 6 weeks apart, and have calculated we’ve used £130 on the night rate alone (£180 total) . The only significant usage at night is the 3 storage heaters and an immersion heater.

This seems way higher than previous years! Luckily it’s warmed up now so I’ve switched them off.

I’d be interested in knowing anyone else’s rough monthly with storage heater use?

Thanks

Hi @Chris96 - welcome to Community!

Its great you’re using your storage heaters when your tariff is low - this is the most economic way of using these heating systems. Storage heaters are typically more expensive to run, which is why we always suggest using them on an Economy 7 tariff, so the amount you’ve used/spent doesn’t sound wildly out from what we’d expect.

If you think there is an issue with your storage heaters using too much energy, you can ask an electrician to come round and perform a ‘trace test’ - this will check how much power the heaters are using to make sure its correct.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Georgie