submit meter reading not available

I have just switched to Bulb and am tryng to submit my first reading but all I am shown on logging in is ‘community’

I have just switched to Bulb and am tryng to submit my first reading but all I am shown on logging in is 'community'

If you click the Help button at the top of this page do you see a “Sign in” button at the top right hand side of the Help page?

Yes, but if i try to sign in it just goes back to ‘Community’

I believe you may have to click on member service after clicking the three horizontal lines then locate sign in

I believe you may have to click on member service after clicking the three horizontal lines then locate sign in

Just for clarity, the three line “burger menu” only appears when using a small screen device like a phone or tablet. You don’t get that on a normal browser unless you reduce the window size down a lot.

OP - from the main Bulb homepage at bulb.co.uk, there is a sign in link that takes you here: https://account.bulb.co.uk/login

Just to be sure - are you saying when you login from that specific page, and nowhere else, it takes you to community? If that’s the case then there is a problem with your account and you’ll have to ask Bulb to check it for you.

@robgodbrooks Could you try using the login link that @Hooloovoo suggested. If this does not work, let us know and I will do some digging as to what’s going on!