Submit wrong readings

I initially put the gas reading in for the electricity and the electricity in for the gas. My error. How do I correct the mistake?

Hi @Steveb, mistakes can happen, no worries at all :). I had a quick look and the readings that you submitted were indeed not accepted as they were a bit different from what we would expect, so we were sent estimates based on your previous meter readings and your historical usage.

If you would be able to send a few pictures of your meters with the readings on there to help@bulb.co.uk, we can have a look if the estimates are very different from what the readings should have been :). If you could quickly mention that you put the gas reading in for the electricity and the electricity in for the gas that would be great!

Just to be sure: for an electricity reading, the meter should show several digits followed by “kWh” (Kilowatt Hours). If it is an Economy 7 meter (there is both a normal/day rate and a low/night rate), there will be 2 readings: one will be labeled E1 and the other E2. For a gas reading, the meter should show a figure given in “m3” (cubic meter) or 100s of “ft3” (cubic feet).

We have a pretty good guide on reading various types of meters here: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232832-How-do-I-read-my-meter-.Most of the times, the smart meter just needs to be “woken up” by pressing the digit “9” and/or “6” if the meter has a number pad. Alternatively, if there are an “A” and “B” button on the meter, pressing those might do the trick.