Submitting a meter reading

I need to submit a meter reading but it won’t allow me.

Same for me…i cant submit my first reading

Hi both

Same for me...i cant submit my first reading

You can submit meter readings on your Bulb account

I need to submit a meter reading but it won't allow me.

As you have smart meters, this facility won’t be available, as we should be able to read your meters remotely. If you would like to submit a meter reading, the best way to do so would be to phone us on 0300 30 30 635, from Monday to Friday (9:00am to 6:00pm)

I can’t submit a metre reading - I don’t have smart metres - this website does not seem as good as others like Eon , or Scottish power , its a shame because the prices are good

I can't submit a metre reading - I don't have smart metres - this website does not seem as good as others like Eon , or Scottish power , its a shame because the prices are good

Why can’t you submit a meter reading?

its the same for myself, i click on give meter readings, then choose either gas/elec and then it directs me to a blank page. tried many times over a week and on different browsers and its not working.

The submit meter readings has been reinstated on my account. Magically appeared after my not so smart meters stopped sending daily readings. Emailed Bulb and asked if they were receiving readings from the meters or if they couldn’t add them to my account.
Surprise surprise no reply!!

@Johno

I can see you are having serious personal issues with Bulb not responding to your queries and you have said on a number of occasions about going to the regulator with your complaint.

Have you done this to date, if you haven’t why not?

Personally in my 16 (or is it 17) months with Bulb I have not had one single problem with my account and the only time I contacted them I received a fairly quick response (one day turnaround) but that was 10 months ago.