Submitting Final Meter Readings after contract termination

Hi there,

I used to get electricity and gas from Bulb, and our contract was supposed to end on the 31st of July. I am wondering how to submit final meter readings for both gas and electricity. I can’t find the button that allows me to do so online, and i’m having trouble finding the app on the Play store.

Cheers if you can help

I used to get electricity and gas from Bulb, and our contract was supposed to end on the 31st of July.

Bulb don’t have fixed-term contracts. What is it that is supposed to end on July 31?

I am wondering how to submit final meter readings for both gas and electricity. I can't find the button that allows me to do so online, and i'm having trouble finding the app on the Play store.

This should help - https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001245152-What-to-do-when-you-re-moving-house

I presume you at least know how to log in to your Bulb account, since you must have already been doing this to submit your previous monthly meter readings. Please don’t say you’ve never submitted any readings?!

Hi Hooloovoo,

Thanks, I called Bulb helpline and they sorted it for me. Basically my account with bulb is closing, so there was no more button to upload meter readings. I had to call to get bulb to do it on their side.