Switch Cancellation Question

I’m considering cancelling my switch as I don’t want to pay my bills in advance… what would happen if I cancel before the switch date? Do I need to contact my existing supplier to tell them I’m no longer moving or that I’m coming back?? TIA

I switched from British Gas and paying monthly is alien to me however because the pence per kwh is 4p cheaper I’m saving about £10 a month just because of the lower rates. I’m glad i switched

Why the concern of paying in advance? Once you’ve paid your first month you’ll then pay every month and whether it’s in advance or arrears, won’t make a difference. However, you’ll notice a difference in lower bills!! I don’t understand your reasoning.

I'm considering cancelling my switch as I don't want to pay my bills in advance... what would happen if I cancel before the switch date? Do I need to contact my existing supplier to tell them I'm no longer moving or that I'm coming back?? TIA

Consider a regular bill is due on the 10th of every month, if you pay it on the 8th have you paid it two days early or 33 days late?

Hopefully then you’ll see your reasoning doesn’t make much sense. As @Anton59 says after the first month it makes no practical different at all. Also consider that each month you’re not paying “the bill” but simply topping up your account, much like transferring money from one bank account to another. When that topup payment takes place makes no difference at all as far as the customer is concerned.

I'm considering cancelling my switch as I don't want to pay my bills in advance... what would happen if I cancel before the switch date? Do I need to contact my existing supplier to tell them I'm no longer moving or that I'm coming back?? TIA

Hi there, much like Hooloovoo commented it ultimately doesn’t make much difference to the customer after the first month.

If you want to cancel before the switch date you only have 14 days from the sign up date in which you can do this. Please get in touch via phone as this is a time sensitive issue.

Many thanks.