Switch didn’t go through, nobody told me

Has anybody else switched to bulb and then 3 months later found out that whilst they’ve been paying Bulb they’ve actually been supplied by another company?

I had a huge bill through from another company at my new address, contacted bulb and they said ‘oh sorry it seems you were never actually switched, there was a problem with the switch’. I was never contacted about this and Bulb happily kept taking my direct debit payment every month. Now I’m being chased for a lot of money by another company, does anybody know where I stand legally?

I can’t get an answer from Bulb as to who owes the other company the money for the bill but as far as I’m concerned I signed a contract with Bulb and was actually paying Bulb so surely it’s their problem with the other supplier?

Thanks

Hi @kieronw90, thanks for posting.

Firstly, I’m really sorry about the overall experience that you’ve had with us.

I can see that you’ve been in touch with my colleague Alex about this. To summarise, when you signed up your electricity and gas with us, sadly only your electricity came over to us. Your gas has now been signed up, obviously later than expected, and should start with us on 2nd July.

He has refunded £80 to you, which you will sadly owe to the supplier that the gas stayed with for longer than expected. We wouldn’t be able to get in touch on your behalf as they’d need to speak to you rather than us (for security purposes).

I am very sorry about this. Please give them a call and you can use the money that we refunded you to pay them for the period.

Any questions, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Niamh :bulb: