Switch from 2-rate to Single Tariff

We were previously on a night-day economy 7 electricity meter and corresponding tariff. We have recently had a smart meter installed. We don’t have storage heaters etc and don’t use a lot of power at night. How do I request a switch to a single rate all day? Thx

Hi @davidscarling, Thanks for your question!

We can’t switch between single rate and two rate tariffs on smart meters just yet I’m afraid.

I’ve added you to the waitlist so that we can get in touch with you as soon as this is possible.

Right, but that means I am now effectively being overcharged, with respect to my day time usage?

A technical issue at your end and the offer of a waiting list is not satisfactory. Could you tell me how to raise a formal complaint please?

Hey @davidscarling, the software to programme a smart meter is not yet ready and still in the process of being made by Smart Manufacturers. As soon as it’s available you’ll be sent an email to let you know that we’re changing your tariff.

You can contact us with a complaint by:

• phone on 0300 30 30 635 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
  • email to complaints@bulb.co.uk
  • post to Bulb, 155 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3TQ

I really don’t see how that’s relevant. Tariff settings for smart meters are essentially handled by you, not the meter.

All that’s required is for you to aggregate his usage and bill at the single rate.

2 Likes