Switch info

When will my current supplier be notified of the switch as I’ve rang them and they don’t seem to be aware? Also I’m due a direct debit payment out 3 days before my bulb payment so do I have to cancel the old supplier direct debit so I don’t pay 2 huge amounts? Confused??

Hi there @Georgia19 we’ll let your old supplier know within about 1-3 working days of you starting the switch, so they should show it on their systems soon. In terms of the direct debit you can cancel it if you like, that’s up to you, though it may be worth double checking with your old supplier whether they will take that payment if your time with them is just about to end. The only issue with cancelling your direct debit is that it can be trickier to get a final refund or make a final payment once your old supplier sends you your final bill.

We can push your first payment back a little for you if you like, just email help@bulb.co.uk or give us a ring on 0300 30 30 635 from 9:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday and we can move it for you

I am having major problems with my old supplier (British Gas) debiting large sums from me even when my account shows in credit. I have tried to cancel the direct debit with my bank. Is this likely to affect the switch process as far as Bulb is concerned?

I am having major problems with my old supplier (British Gas) debiting large sums from me even when my account shows in credit. I have tried to cancel the direct debit with my bank. Is this likely to affect the switch process as far as Bulb is concerned?

If you owe money to your old supplier they may possibly object to your switch.

You really need to discuss with British Gas the reason for them still taking money even though you are in credit. This should be easy to sort out if you have submitted up to date meter readings and have your bills to hand. I was with British Gas before switching to Bulb and they were extremely quick in sorting out my final bills and refunding money owed to me.

Please check out this page: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us and then scroll down to “Previous supplier & Exit fees”, there are a couple of articles which may help with your query.