Switch off economy 7

When I switched to bulb I selected the economy 7 option purely because my meter has the 2 readings. It seems that economy 7 isn’t active as the numbers haven’t changed over the last few months. As I don’t need economy 7 how do I change my tariff and get a refund on paying too much for the day rate?

Hey @Paulm968. Sounds like the meter is broken. If it’s an economy 7 meter, then both readings should be ticking over. Even if it’s just a little. I suggest giving us a call on 0300 30 30 635, from Monday to Friday (9:00am to 6:00pm) to get this one sorted. If it is broken, we’ll cover the cost of a new meter.

Under Ofgem regulations, we are not able to put an economy 7 meter on a single rate tariff. The good news is that our smart meters are being rolled out at the end of the year so we can come and fit you a new economy 7 meter or single rate smart meter free of charge.

Thanks Eleanor. I’ll wait for the smart meter rather than have a new one fitted now only to be changed again when the smart ones roll out.

Hi @Paulm968 sounds like a plan