switch over

what if i give a meter reading before my switch date ( will i be billed by both suppliers for this period ? )

Your old supplier will continue to take payments until you get your final Bill.
Bulb will start to take DD on your start date. You will be credited back any monies due.

Use the help button and type in switch for further information.

The opening meter reading you give Bulb will be used by your old supplier as the closing reading, so you won’t be billed for the same energy twice.

Just to clarify you wont be billed twice for the same energy but you may pay two energy suppliers…

At Bulb, we take payments at the start of your billing period, whereas other suppliers take it at the end.
So when you switch you may find yourself making two energy payments in one month. One for the energy you used with your old supplier, and one payment in advance for the energy you’ll use in the coming month with Bulb.

Don’t worry, this isn’t you paying for energy twice. And you’ll receive a final bill from your old supplier within 6 weeks.

If your old supplier is still taking payments and it’s been longer than 6 weeks, we’d suggest getting in touch with them. You can also cancel your Direct Debit if you think you’re being incorrectly billed.