Switch

Hi - I moved into a few days ago and I have just been advised that my switch to bulb is in a few weeks. What happens to my energy bills till then?
Would my electricity and gas be turned off until then?

https://citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/moving-home-your-energy-supply/moving-home-dealing-with-your-energy-supply/

After you move
When you’ve moved into your new home, you should:

contact the current supplier at your new property to tell them you’ve moved in - you can find out who to contact if you’re not sure who your supplier is or if your property doesn’t have a gas or electricity connection.
read the meters on the day you move in and give the readings to the current supplier, to make sure you get an accurate first bill - you’re responsible for the bills on the day you take ownership or responsibility for the property, even if you don’t move in on that day
pay your old supplier’s final bill when you get it
You’ll automatically be put onto a ‘deemed contract’ with the current supplier of the property. This will normally be one of the most expensive tariffs, so you should look for a better deal with the current supplier or a new one as soon as you move in.

You can only change suppliers from the day you become responsible for the property. Switching will normally take about 21 days, so you’ll have to pay at least one bill with the current supplier.

Hi there @Kajol that post from @phproxy is about as accurate as it gets (thanks :slight_smile: ). In a nutshell, you’ll be paying whoever’s currently supplying the property for a few weeks, then we’ll take over and they’ll give you a final bill. If you have any more questions, please do let us know