Switched the wrong person

Hi I’ve switched today , went to do my first meter reading and my gas said it’s lower that EONS reading on January 2nd, but I’m with British Gas not EON!!

My electric has switched but you have switched my neighbours gas not mine ! I’ve contacted british gas and they’ve never had a request to switch my gas.
I can’t contact you as your not open until Monday. Will I be paying his bill as my first payment will be coming out on Monday now.

Not a happy New customer

@georgiapowell

If there has been a Bulb mistake in your switch they will sort it out and refund any incorrect payments. At the moment, chances are only fellow Bulb customers are on this public forum and I would suggest you contact Bulb first thing on Monday morning. There is a remote possibility one of the team team will pick up this post prior to Monday.

My electric has switched but you have switched my neighbours gas not mine ! I've contacted british gas and they've never had a request to switch my gas.

You will need to contact bulb direct to investigate this further. My brother has similar problems he had to request a block upon transfers as an unknown neighbour elsewhere on the estate kept attempting to change supplier.

It turns out the meters were still registered to the plot numbers at the point of new build rather than the house address number (which had no relation to the plot number) and had not been updated by the developer years ago.

Perhaps something similar has happened?

Thank you both for replying, I will be phoning them first thing on Monday.
I’m sure they will manage to sort it out