Switched today Account balance query

Hi Bulb folk

We are very pleased to have switched to you today and our first payment has been taken from our account earlier and states this on Bulb Account,but not on your Bulb app on my iPhone…just says our balance is £50 which is our referral gift from yourselves. It may just be that it hasn’t been changed yet but if you can look into would be appreciated
Can you just clarify all will be updated to show correct balance as and when you can check it

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Ian B

Hi again

Forgot to mention that showing in Home page on our Bulb Account, it’s just showing that we’ve submitted first readings not first payment made and became a Bulb member yet. Will this upgrade soon to show correctly?

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Ian B

Hi Ian B,

Thanks for getting in touch. It’s probably that the money’s left your bank, but not hit us yet. There’s often a 1-2 day delay with this. The ‘officially a bulb member’ will come through when the payment arrives too - though you’re already a member - welcome to the club :slight_smile:

Bill

Cheers Bill…thanks for the quick reply and welcome. I will look out for update when it happens.
You don’t give out badges do you, like Blue Peter did many years ago?. Still have mine, which is a touch nerdy, but hey…why not indeed :slight_smile: