switching and pricing?

so I used the MSE martin Lewis switching service last October, my energy consumption has not changed significantly, yet 7 months on and my account is running quite a debit ? at this projection, BULB is going to be 50% MORE expensive than my last provider, should I be worried?
is the switching service a scam? or a BULB overcharging. AND yet again another provider BULB that provides no way to contact them ! customer service in line with the rest of the industry but very poor indeed.

so I used the MSE martin Lewis switching service last October, my energy consumption has not changed significantly, yet 7 months on and my account is running quite a debit ? at this projection, BULB is going to be 50% MORE expensive than my last provider, should I be worried? is the switching service a scam? or a BULB overcharging. AND yet again another provider BULB that provides no way to contact them ! customer service in line with the rest of the industry but very poor indeed.

If you want to know if a supplier is cheaper than another, you should be looking only at the unit rates (pence per kWh) and standing charge (pence per day). If you consider only the predicted monthly payment, then you’re likely to get it wrong.

Also remember that this is a rising market and you can’t compare what you’re paying now with what you used to pay another provider 7 months ago, because the whole market is going up for all suppliers.

How do the Bulb unit rates and standing charges compare with what you could be paying elsewhere?

Regarding contacting Bulb, all the contact information (phone number, email, live chat) is available on the Help pages linked at the top. Why doesn’t anyone ever think to look at the Help pages that are, helpfully, marked “Help”?

AND yet again another provider BULB that provides no way to contact them !
There are 3 options for contacting on this forum plus contact details on your statement.
plus contact details on your statement.

Not only that but it’s done in large print, for those that need it!

Hi @dobdo815,

As the others have mentioned, the best thing to do is compare unit rates and standing charge between tariffs. If our tariff is lower - then your energy with Bulb will be cheaper. We don’t have any exits fees however, so you’re able to switch away whenever you like.

It’s worth considering though, that we’ve just been through the expensive winter months, you should expect to see your bills drop down as we approach summer.

Here are the different ways in which you can contact us:

Email - help@bulb.co.uk
Community - community.bulb.co.uk
Live chat - To chat with us, click on the blue circle in the bottom right of your screen.
Telephone - 0300 30 30 635

I’ve just dropped you an email in case you’d like to discuss your billing in more details.