Switching away

How long should it take Bulb to provide me with a final account. Switched on 5th October 2018. Also expecting a refund. Spoke to person at the call centre and was told this could take up to six weeks as the final readings have to be verified by a third party (whoever that may be?)

6 weeks is about right.

How long should it take Bulb to provide me with a final account. Switched on 5th October 2018. Also expecting a refund. Spoke to person at the call centre and was told this could take up to six weeks as the final readings have to be verified by a third party (whoever that may be?)

Exactly as you were advised by the call centre, it can take six weeks (normally it will be less) to produce your final statement including any debit or credit, please see https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360016075911-How-do-I-leave-Bulb-

To make sure the old and new suppliers are working from the same hymn sheet, which means the readings you gave to your new supplier have to be verified by an independent central body before being used by Bulb. This ensure the closing reading used by Bulb will be the same as the opening reading used by your new supplier, this ensures you are not overcharged.

Funny process. I give new supplier readings, new supplier provides old supplier with those readings, so both must be singing from the same hymn sheet. Independent central body verifies without reading my meters or calling to confirm the readings I gave to my new supplier. Process takes up to six weeks to complete when it could be all settled within a few days. I get a final bill, I pay any amount I might owe or old supplier pays any amount I have overpaid. Strange world we live in whereby the simplest of processes is made difficult and no doubt the cost of an independent central body is met by the consumers.

Please see: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2018/02/as_is_switching_arrangements.pdf regarding what appears to be a simple system but behind the scene perhaps not so simple?