Switching Providers

Why have bulb given the previous service provider the wrong meter readings after I submitted accurate ones when switching? They’re now trying to bill me for a period I’ve already paid. I have proof of the readings provided to bulb and the reading bulb have given to the previous company. All bad so far with bulb… only 1 month in…

Why have bulb given the previous service provider the wrong meter readings after I submitted accurate ones when switching? They’re now trying to bill me for a period I’ve already paid. I have proof of the readings provided to bulb and the reading bulb have given to the previous company. All bad so far with bulb... only 1 month in...

Out of interest how do you know what readings Bulb supplied to your previous company?

The readings you gave to Bulb have to go through a validation process by a third party before being given to your previous supplier. This is to ensure both Bulb and your previous supplier uses the same figures so that you wont be double charged.

Hi Allan, I just asked them and they emailed the readings they were given over to me. At the moment I’m refusing to pay them their most recent bill amount as I believe I have already been charged for this period. It’s now further complicated by bulb giving them different readings.

Just for clarity was it your previous supplier who emailed you the reading?

This is an open forum so don’t provide any personal information, but which one are you refusing to pay, i.e. Bulb or your previous supplier?

I assume you are aware that during the switch from your previous supplier to Bulb there is a period when it appears you are paying both companies for the same energy? This link explains the situation: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360000313371-Why-is-my-old-supplier-still-charging-me-

At the end of the day, the reading which Bulb uses to open your account will be the same as that used by your previous supplier, even if at present this isn’t the situation. The validation process which I mentioned earlier is to prevent customers being charged incorrectly.

Hi @BenR7 I have checked, and we are using the readings that you submitted to us, we also sent these to EDF, it appears that they may have encountered an issue on their end. We started with ELEC: 16646 and Gas: 8245, is this correct?

Hi Callum

That’s the correct readings however EDF have told me the readings provided by yourselves are different and I should take it up with yourselves because your my new supplier. His wording was:

“ Since they are the new supplier now so please contact them so that they can update the correct reads and send us the same readings in a dispute format and once the readings will be agreed between both the supplier we’ll re generate the bill.“

This is for the period from 11th June to 02nd August which I have paid edf for already.

Can you advise?

@“Callum at Bulb” I’ve not heard anything back yet. Can you advise if this is being discussed between edf and yourselves?

@BenR7 We’ve sent EDF a chaser - your actual readings were the ones accepted in the validation process, so they’re the ones EDF should be using.