Switching: Queries

Hi Iv just changed over to bulb but i didn’t realise my friend had a code for us both to get £50 off. Would i have to stop the change over and start again using her code

Best if you contact Bulb via email/live chat or tel.

Thanks for that :grinning::+1:@ scudo

Hi @chipper121, if you have just signed up we can add it if your just forgot to apply this referral. That is no problem. Have you been incontact with us? If not, I can send you an email and we can get it sorted there.

Ok can u send me the email pls
Thank you
Lisa Whyte

I’ve just sent you the email :slightly_smiling_face:

I would like to cancel my switch

Welcome to the community @charleajohnson121 I can see you requested to cancel the switch earlier this morning so we have received that and are now processing it. I would also advise speaking to your current supplier and letting them know you don’t want to switch anymore.

All the best,
James W :slight_smile:

Can anyone help or does anyone have advice?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am emailing with a concern, and i guess a complaint.

I received this email this morning:

> ## We’ve refunded your payments

> > Hi Oliver,

> > There was an error with your switch which means we’re not supplying your gas and electricity. We’ve closed your account and refunded your payments totalling £194.33. This may take up to 14 days to reach your bank account.

> > You’re still with your old supplier, but if you’d still like to switch your energy to Bulb, just hit the button below to sign up.

> > We’ve added £20.00 credit to your account to apologise for not letting you know about this sooner. This will be included in your refund. And we’ve improved this process to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

> > We changed our prices on the 1 April
> > The cost of gas has come down a lot, while the cost of electricity has increased. We changed our prices to make sure they reflect the true cost of energy. Here’s more info about [our price change]

> > All the best,
> > Team Bulb

I moved to bulb in November, i got confirmation my switch went through. I have no one asking me for any payments or anything but you.

I then jumped on the online chat, and spoke to xxxx, see conversation below:

He said he would email me, as per the conversation, and lodge a complaint for me.

This hasnt happened as far as i know.

I then logged on to my app, it showed me nothing but some text saying:

“There seems to be an issue with your online account. Please email usat help@bulb.co.uk letting us know what you were trying to do and we’ll look into it for you.”

I logged in online too, and it didnt show me my account data.

I am extremely unimpressed with this from bulb.

What can you do to help?

Please call me: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

Oliver Packer

Flat x, xx xxx Road Nottingham NGx xxx

You presumably know who the supplier was before you tried to switch to Bulb. Have you contacted them to see if they know anything about it?

This is par for the course for Bulb right now I’m afraid. Thanks for posting, it’ll be interesting to see how this pans out!

I emailed their help team and got a quick reply (surprisingly).

They say they supply both my gas and electricity and are looking into this with their ops team to find out what happened.

I move house at the end of April, and i will not be staying with Bulb!!!

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out on Community, I’m sorry you’ve had these problems with your account.

I can see Alex has emailed you the details of the complaint now so she will be able to prioritise your case. If you have any more questions or concerns it is best to raise them in your email thread with her.

Solved

Great! Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you

Hello I’m trying to cancel my switch to yous, I met one of your guys in the a supermarket and I felt pressured a bit to switch and I don’t want to

. Know your rights

If you are approached at your home or in a shopping centre there are specific rights should you cave and sign up to something.

You are able to cancel within seven days from when you are told about such cancellation rights – which might not be on the day you sign up, buying you more time. Don’t be afraid to cancel – but don’t hang about
be best if you contact bulb immediately
https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new
You could also contact your current supplier and get them to refuse the switch
Belt and braces

The moral of the story is, if you are aproached by a slick, fancy, fast talking salesperson kick them in the Goolies, you’ll probably get a medal for doing the world a favour

Can you cancel my switch

I’m sorry, I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Hi @henderson.jordan19,

If you can’t see the option to cancel your switch in your emails from Bulb, please get in touch with a member of the team here.