Switching suppliers - credit

Hello,

After uploading my bills from my previous supplier I received a message saying we will ‘check it and then add it as credit to your Bulb account’.
It is a total of £688.

Does this mean my previous supplier will still take £688 from my account?
And then Bulb will add £688 as credit towards future Bulb payments?

Many thanks,
Helen

Hello,

After uploading my bills from my previous supplier I received a message saying we will ‘check it and then add it as credit to your Bulb account’.
It is a total of £688.

Does this mean my previous supplier will still take £688 from my account?
And then Bulb will add £688 as credit towards future Bulb payments?

Many thanks,
Helen

Bulb will pay your exit fee up to a certain amount. If you owe your previous supplier for energy used up to the date of the switch you will have to pay them, Bulb wont credit you for that amount.

Hi there @Helenturner1986 as @Allanr says I think this may be a misunderstanding about final bills vs exit fees. Exit fees are a charge that some suppliers make you pay to leave a contract with them early. We think that’s a bit unfair, so we don’t charge them and if someone gets charged exit fees when they switch over to bulb we’ll actually refund them-we’re just super against the whole concept. Exit fees usually come to about £60 or £70. Final bills are slightly different, they’re a bill which your old supplier charges you to cover all of your usage up to the day and the readings when we take supply. We wouldn’t be able to refund those, I’m afraid, and it sounds like that’s what you’re being charged here.