Switching to bulb from British Gas

I was wondering when I should cancel the direct debit with British Gas? We have just switched to bulb and they have have said we will receive a final bill from BG within 6 weeks so now we dont know when to cancel the direct debit with them?..we are a bit confused, please could someone help?

Thanks
Natalie

This isnt a direct communication from bulb.

My best guess is to sit tight and wait out the weeks. You’ll never pay for energy twice and it’ll all settle itself.

My previous supplier simply stopped my debit when bulb took over my supply.

I was wondering when I should cancel the direct debit with British Gas? We have just switched to bulb and they have have said we will receive a final bill from BG within 6 weeks so now we dont know when to cancel the direct debit with them?.....we are a bit confused, please could someone help?

Cancel the direct debit once BG have confirmed that your account is settled and closed. Simple really.

I was wondering when I should cancel the direct debit with British Gas? We have just switched to bulb and they have have said we will receive a final bill from BG within 6 weeks so now we dont know when to cancel the direct debit with them?.....we are a bit confused, please could someone help?

Thanks
Natalie

Please this Bulb article: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001227691-Should-I-cancel-my-Direct-Debit-with-my-old-supplier-

I have just had the same . They have took my final DD today so have cancelled it. However I think you could log onto account and pay the remaining if the bill is there.