Switching to bulb to have a NON smart meter?

Hi. Thinking of switching to bulb because i saw in an older thread you can pay £120 and have a non smart meter installed. My motivation for transferring is simply to get rid of my smart meter so this is appealing. Is this still the case? What is the model of meter you would install? I want to make sure it has no radio antenna functions or non-active smart capabilities inside.

Many thanks

It’s theoretically possible, but I doubt switching back to a non-smart meter is practically possible: I doubt the manufacturers are making them any more (lack of demand) and it’ll depend on which ones (if any) the local engineers have on stock. I very much doubt you’ll be given a choice of make/model - it’ll be “We’ve been asked to install a non-smart meter for a residential single phase house - this one in stock meets the specification” (remember that Bulb don’t actually install the meters themselves, it’s all outsourced and then probably outsourced again to local qualified electricians…)

Hi. Thinking of switching to bulb because i saw in an older thread you can pay £120 and have a non smart meter installed. My motivation for transferring is simply to get rid of my smart meter so this is appealing. Is this still the case? What is the model of meter you would install? I want to make sure it has no radio antenna functions or non-active smart capabilities inside.

Many thanks

Hi there, As Richy B commented this is theoretically possible for us to do but it does depend on stock. Send in an official email to help@bulb.co.uk and we can discuss options further :slight_smile: