Switching to Bulb

I am still awaiting my final bill from EON my previous suppliers who say they havent yet been notified that I am switching suppliers and are currently awaiting my meter readings given to bulb at the beginning of January. So I am currently paying two suppliers which I am not happy about!

I am still awaiting my final bill from EON my previous suppliers who say they havent yet been notified that I am switching suppliers and are currently awaiting my meter readings given to bulb at the beginning of January. So I am currently paying two suppliers which I am not happy about!

This is a public forum have you spoken to the Bulb team direct? If you click the Help button at the top of this page you will see their contact details.

You will probably find that both suppliers are waiting on confirmation from a 3rd party to verify the readings. (Ofgem regulations)
This can take around 6 weeks, until the readings are verified your old supplier will continue to take payments and then credit back any monies not required.