Switching

I am a landlord and my tenants move out on 2 March. I’d like to switch the account to my name and payment details as we are not reletting the property until later the year. Can I do this and will I have enough time before they move out? The are not currently bulb customers but use First Utility.

There is information using the help button at the top of the page but probably best you contact Bulb direct to discuss.

I am a landlord and my tenants move out on 2 March. I'd like to switch the account to my name and payment details as we are not reletting the property until later the year. Can I do this and will I have enough time before they move out? The are not currently bulb customers but use First Utility.

Your tenants have responsibly for the energy supply to the house until their lease ends. You will have to contact First Utility when they move out and you take over the supply. Only at that point do you have legal responsibility to start a switch of supplier.

The only other way would be to ask your tenants if they would consider starting a switch to Bulb now, so that the property is with Bulb ready for you to take over the supply later. If they say no, perhaps you could offer a financial sweetener to encourage them.