Tariff cost confusion

hi…
Been here a few months now…Had smart meter installed when i was with BG before i moved here…
Obviously, it aint compatible with bulb, and i have to submit manual readings, which is no bother…
Problem i find is…the actual smart meter in cupboard is showing 23.523 for standing charge…and if i look at the little meter thing in my kitchen, that tells me usage and billing ect, it shows 23.523 standing charge, AND 17.606 for Electricity Unit Rate…

Yes i phoned bulb, and they said "oh dont worry about it, your on the right ( our ) tariff "…
But how the hell do i really know this ? All i got is there word that it right, but the actual meter in cupboard is saying 23.523 standing charge, AND 17.606 for Electricity Unit Rate on the small meter thing in my kitchen…
I,m a direct debit customer if it make any difference guys…
Anyone enlighten me please ?

When you get your monthly statement from bulb you’ll be shown the amount of energy used and the daily standing charges

If your smart meter isn’t compatible any numbers the IHD are displaying can be safely disregarded.

I have the same issues, but never get a statement now that we’ve switched to smart meters, finally the IHD 3 has updated and that shows different rates to the smart things app which is now also working, neither if which show our Economy 7 readings, neither did the bulb app, the web site finally started showing our duel rates in August despite the smart meters being installed in late June, but the web site also shows our being on vari-fair, basically it’s a mess, but it’s getting better just checked and now the Bulb app is showing we have dual tariffs and gas with bulb which hasn’t shown up for months.