Tariff help me please!

Hello , I live in Scotland in Aberdeen, what time is the cheapest ? What time it s starded the Night “Rate” and what time it s finish.
Thank You!

Hi @szabo.cristi93 - welcome to community :wave:

You’re peak and off peak times aren’t very common and instead they vary throughout the day:

00:30 - 04:30 - peak
04:30 - 07:30 - off peak
07:30 - 13:30 - peak
13:30 - 16:30 - off peak
16:30 - 20:30 - peak
20:30 - 00:30 - off peak

I hope that clears things up, but let me know if you have any queries about this.

– Meg :bulb:

Is this the same for Hampshire?

I understand , Thank you !

@megan_at_bulb

What tariff is this? I thought Bulb couldn’t offer anything for meters with multiple peak and off-peak periods?

Are Bulb now able to cope with radio teleswitch meters like those used by the Scottish Power Comfort Plus set up?

Hi @norman7115, :wave:

The off-peak hours depend on the meter installed in your property and the standard settlement class (SSC) that is registered to your property on the national database.

We also only support meters with 7 hours of off-peak timings, any more and you would be moved onto a single rate tariff which may not benefit the heating set up in your property.

Let me know if you have any questions about this,

– KT :bulb:

1 Like

Hi @KatieT_at_Bulb

Thanks for your reply. Unless my arithmetic is wrong, Megan’s reply above to the OP listed 10 off-peak hours. I think she’s saying that’s what the meter is set up for but I’m sure the poster wants to know what he’s actually being charged, which is as you said, likely to be the standard variable tariff (for heating).

My parents’ former Scottish Power Comfort Plus set up involves 2 MPANS. Bulb charge the standard variable tariff for the storage heaters MPAN (expensive as you mentioned) and the other MPAN is on Economy 7.

I understand that Bulb can now install 5-terminal smart meters, which might solve this problem but I’m loathe to advise my parents to request one until I know for sure it’s the solution. As they’re elderly, being without heating because of any problem with the storage heaters would be a disaster.

The signals for these old radio teleswitch meters will stop at the end of next year, so energy suppliers will be obliged to install new meters at some point. If you’ve got any information on this subject I’d be interested to learn more.