Tariff query and no referral credit received

I joined Bulb at the beginning of August 2019 and have just received my first bill. The tariff on the bill is 14.3% higher than the tariff quoted on my account and also on the sign up confirmation. I am also a little bit fed up as the friend who referred me has still not received their referral credit and I have had nothing yet either. I already wonder if I have made a mistake in moving to this provider. Has anyone else been having similar issues?

I joined Bulb at the beginning of August 2019 and have just received my first bill. The tariff on the bill is 14.3% higher than the tariff quoted on my account and also on the sign up confirmation. I am also a little bit fed up as the friend who referred me has still not received their referral credit and I have had nothing yet either. I already wonder if I have made a mistake in moving to this provider. Has anyone else been having similar issues?

Hi

Just a couple of queries by way of clarity.

1. Is it your electric or gas unit charges which are 14.3% higher

2. When you say you joined Bulb at the beginning of August, do you mean this is when you submitted a request to join Bulb or when your energy supply switched to Bulb. When exactly did you switch to Bulb, my bill is normally prepared on the first of each month but as of yet I haven’t received mine?

I am electric only so it is this that is 14.3% higher than the prices quoted when I was switched over at the end of July (30th to be exact).
As the direct debits are taken in advance, I would have expected my first bill to be at the prices quoted when I officially switched over, and then to be charged for the coming month at the higher price. I appreciate the tariff is variable but this seems a little unfair. I received my first bill today (1st September) which is estimated, so it looks as if this may be their standard billing date!

Attached are the following: Tariff information as downloaded from my account today which is the info given on my switch date (these prices incude VAT) and then I have attached details of the tariff as per my bill dated 01.09.19 (these prices are excluding VAT), but the tariffs are NOT the same!

I am electric only so it is this that is 14.3% higher than the prices quoted when I was switched over at the end of July (30th to be exact). As the direct debits are taken in advance, I would have expected my first bill to be at the prices quoted when I officially switched over, and then to be charged for the coming month at the higher price. I appreciate the tariff is variable but this seems a little unfair. I received my first bill today (1st September) which is estimated, so it looks as if this may be their standard billing date!

Thanks

Ah that is why you received your statemnet before me.

Although the tariff is variable there have been no price increases for quite a while so you should not have seen a price increase between when you joined Bulb and your statement today.

Without giving too much away on the personal front, what unit charge was you quoted when you joined Bulb, this would have been in the Welcome Pack attached the email welcoming you to Bulb and what tariff is now shown on your statement?

Thanks for the reply and see above for the different prices quoted. I have done some research tonight, and it would appear that I am still on the cheapest available tariff for my address so it looks like I will be staying with Bulb allbeit on a higher tariff than originally offered! I just hope that both my referer and me receive our £50.00 credits sooner rather than later!

Thanks for the reply and see above for the different prices quoted. I have done some research tonight, and it would appear that I am still on the cheapest available tariff for my address so it looks like I will be staying with Bulb allbeit on a higher tariff than originally offered! I just hope that both my referer and me receive our £50.00 credits sooner rather than later!

For the referral query you will have to contact the Bulb help-desk as they will have access to your account information and that of the friend who referred you. Generally it is only fellow customer (me included) who post on this forum.