Tariffs night and day

I was wondering why if Bulb has a single tariff, do I have two tariffs on my bil? It is not a problem I am just curious.

1 Like

Do you have an economy 7meter?

1 Like

Yes we do I assumed it might have something to do with that.giveaways assumed the “single tariff” advert would mean I would only have one tariff day and night. Thank you for replying

1 Like

Your welcome glad to help

1 Like

One tariff within each category.

One single rate tariff.
One Economy 7 dual rate tariff.
One three rate smart meter tariff.

etc.

Thank you for filling in the blanks Mr H, I’m not really Au Fait with these economy 7 meters I .just know they exist

1 Like

Thank you for updating me (and others).I was not aware that Bulb did this. I had always assumed one rate day and night. Looks like my wife will be using the tumble dryer at night from now on. Once again thank you for the reply.

1 Like

Just to clarify, this is not just Bulb it’s how all energy suppliers work. There’s no such thing as One Tariff to Rule Them All because of the different classes/categories of operation and customer requirements. Many suppliers are even worse because they have multiple single rate tariffs to choose from, multiple dual rate tariffs to chose from etc.

Whilst this would be good for saving money, do bear in mind that tumble driers have a habit of setting fire and burning your house down. Personally I would never operate one unattended and certainly not overnight.

1 Like

Especially if it is an indesit(now whirlpool)

1 Like

will it be expensive to charge my car over night

Yes. But it will still cost you considerably less than the equivalent in petrol/diesel.