Tariffs

On 9th August I received an e-mail from Bulb stating that wholesale energy prices had risen by 5% and prices might have to be raised in November but 60 days’ notice would be provided.
On 19th August I receive a monthly statement wherein from 12th August day tariff has increased by 5.72% and night tariff by 9.3%
Please explain

On 9th August I received an e-mail from Bulb stating that wholesale energy prices had risen by 5% and prices might have to be raised in November but 60 days' notice would be provided. On 19th August I receive a monthly statement wherein from 12th August day tariff has increased by 5.72% and night tariff by 9.3% Please explain

The price increase from 12 August is that announced by Bulb on 12 June which gave existing customers 60 days notice of the increase. This is not related to the email which you received on 9 August (which incidentally I didn’t receive a copy). announcing a possible further increase.

Hi @RHJ,

The 9th August email was letting you know about the fact wholesale energy prices are continuing to rise and we may need to increase them, but we would give you 60 days notice of the official price increase.

Then the bill on the 19th August shows the price increase we announced on the 12th June which came into effect on the 12th August.

Hope that explains things for you.