Telephone Scam

I phoned bulb about my switch and have been charged £7,50 on my phone bil for 3 seconds

I phoned bulb about my switch and have been charged £7,50 on my phone bill for 3 seconds It is Robbery/I am making official complaint if they dont return the money stolen

Hi Sarah. We use a 0300 number. This is charged at the standard geographical rate.

Ofcom has written:

"Many organisations use 03 numbers as an alternative to more expensive 08 numbers.

Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and must be included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way. Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages.

030 numbers were specially designed for not-for-profit organisations, charities and public bodies to offer consumers a single point of contact nationally. The BBC, the Met Police, the RSPCA, Oxfam, Relate, some local councils, Ofcom and a number of government departments use 030 numbers. "

Could you double check your phone bill and see it was a call to Bulb? Unless you were on the phone to us for a very long time, it’s unusual to have a phone bill this high.

If your sure, please drop me a DM and we’ll investigate from there.

@sarah_roseman123, no idea what number you rang but presuming it was Bulb’s 0300 number, it’s your phone company you should be going after for the excessive charge.

Out of interest, why did your call only last 3 seconds?

This is certainly NOT anything that can blamed on Bulb.
It is a mystery, though, as even the most outrageously expensive premium numbers don’t cost anything like £7·50 for 3 seconds.

I phoned bulb about my switch and have been charged £7,50 on my phone bill for 3 seconds It is Robbery/I am making official complaint if they dont return the money stolen

You’ll need to provide some proof of your claim. Could you post a screenshot of the section of your bill, showing the number you called and how much was charged? It’s not that I don’t believe you, but you will certainly need something to backup your claim.

@sarah_roseman123

What was the outcome to you checking the telephone number you supposedly used to contact Bulb? It isn’t a nice allegation to make that Bulb are committing robbery if you are unable to substantiate your claim.

She’s never coming back.