Terms of Agreement for Referrals?

Can anyone shed any light if there are any clauses/terms when referring someone and qualifying for the referral fee ie would they need to be a bulb member for a certain period etc for you to get the bonus? Thanks all help and info greatly appreciated.

Can anyone shed any light if there are any clauses/terms when referring someone and qualifying for the referral fee ie would they need to be a bulb member for a certain period etc for you to get the bonus? Thanks all help and info greatly appreciated.

Have you checked out section 17 in Bulb’s terms and conditions?

Yes but cant see anything about how long a member should be with bulb unless i missed something

17.2.4. Referrers must be existing Bulb members.

The above does not have any exclusion, so it means as soon as you are a Bulb member you can refer a friend. However no referral will be paid until you and the friend have switched.

when do you become an existing bulb member ? Is it on the day you switch or the day you start the switch over and let bulb know you are joining?

when do you become an existing bulb member ? Is it on the day you switch or the day you start the switch over and let bulb know you are joining?

Unless I am proved to be wrong, it is the date you have asked to join Bulb.

just the answer i was waiting to hear!

First,I would consider what is the qualifying criteria for a referrer (s.17.1.2) (the person giving a friend their bulb personal link (s.17.1.4)), in particular how long does a bulb customer need to be a customer to be able to use a referral link and be eligible to receive any remuneration (s.17…1.6) for a referral.

Second, I would consider the qualify criteria for a successful referral? in particular how long does a referree (s.17.1.3) need to be a new customer with bulb after a successful use of the referrer personal link and becoming a customer and the eligible to receive any remuneration for a successful referral.

In terms of the T&C of the programme, a referrer only needs to be a customer of bulb (s.17.2.4), so there would be an assumption that when you become a customer is when bulb official starts supplying your energy to your property (s.2). A recruit ( s.17.1.3) must not have been a customer in last 12 month of asking to switch to Bulb (17.2.3) or be an existing customer of Bulb (17.2.3) at the time the recruit uses the personal link and the recruit must use the personal link (17.2.5).

Payment will be made if the following set of criteria is met; (1) the recruit doesn’t cancel their contract with Bulb before the official switch date (s17.2.7) or typical 21 days after the signing up date, (2) the recruit is a customer on the switch date (s.17.2.9). While both criteria are similar if both are met the recruit and referrer will receive the reward of a successful referral on the recruits official switch date.

What is odd or unclear (assuming the recruit meets their criteria elements.) does a referrer need to be an existing customer at the time the recruit signs-up to Bulb and a customer at the time the recruit switch date, or does the referrer only need be a customer on the recruits sign-up date to satisfy the criteria for payment.

I contacted bulb specifically on this and they confirmed to me a referrer is allowed to refer people the day he/she instructs Bulb they want to switch ie first day of their 21 day switch process.