Tesla Rival’s New EV charges in minutes

Lucid Motors (previously Atieva) have created their first EV and it looks like it will be a beast.
What is particularly impressive is its charging rate. Lucid Motors have claimed it will have a charging rate of up to 20 miles per minute (faster than any Tesla). It also has a max range of 517 miles.

Not only is the charging impressive but Lucid Motor’s new EV is also rapid. The top of the range model, The Air Dream Edition, can reach top speeds of 168mph and can go 0 to 60mph in 2.5 seconds.

The basic model starts at around $80,000 and the top of the range model is a whopping $169,000. Comparatively, a Tesla Model S is currently around $85,000 but a Cybertruck is around $40,000 (I want one of these).

(Apologies for the pricing in Dollars)

It will be really interesting to see how much EVs improve over the next few years (particularly the batteries and charging capabilities) and how challengers to Tesla will develop their tech to stand out.

If you want to check out the article yourself, here is the link: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/lucid-motors-lucid-air-ev

What do you all think? :red_car: :zap:

1 Like

Announced, really, since the first actual cars are not due until “spring 2021”, and those will be the $170k “Dream Edition” (is that naming a foretaste of delays?). The basic $80k version is pencilled in for 2022.

In the meantime, I suspect the impressive-on-paper specs are mostly theoretical.

But at least it keeps the EV market from getting dull :smile:.

@stevefoster As someone with no real interest in cars, but interested in greener tech, I’m always surprised at how difficult challengers seem to find it to bring viable EV’s to market, at least ones that people take notice of.

It’d be interesting to see what a viable competitor would do to Tesla’s share prices (if anything can stop that surge).

I think the specs are almost undoubtedly theoretical at this point.

However, if an EV claims to charge faster then my phone, they’ve got my attention :bulb: