The monthly payments do not make sense

I am new to Bulb and the monthly payments have been set up as a fixed amount. However when I login, it shows that my average monthly usage is double the monthly payment. The meter is estimated by Bulb and I have provided readings which are drastically lower. Does this mean that Bulb will debit the higher amount or lower?

Unless you send in your readings withing the required time frame then Bulb will use estimated readings , The estimate on your Bill does not equate to your dd that should remain constant.

Just reduce your set monthly payment.
Bulb keep asking me to set mine at £100 but i only use £37 per month because i’m not here all the time, and that’s with me providing meter readings every month!

DONT reduce your payments if advised to do so by Bulb!!! They recommended I do so and then served me a £1,000 end of tenancy bill, which they themselves said wouldn’t have happened if the monthly payments hadn’t been lowered!!

DONT reduce your payments if advised to do so by Bulb!!! They recommended I do so and then served me a £1,000 end of tenancy bill, which they themselves said wouldn’t have happened if the monthly payments hadn’t been lowered!!

Could I ask if you checked you monthly statements?

The statements show whether you were in credit or debit and therefore you would have quickly identified if you were going £1000 into a debit situation?