Thinking of switching to Bulb

Hi,

Thinking of switching to Bulb as its been recommended to me by a work colleague and read loads of positive reviews. The only think that worries me the most is the switching and that I end up paying with Scottish Gas (who is our current supplier) and also BULB. I know it says they take care of all the switch over but how do they do this and how do the payments from my current supplier get cancelled etc and moved to bulb? ID just like to find out how seamless this process is and how it works
Thanks

Hi,

Thinking of switching to Bulb as its been recommended to me by a work colleague and read loads of positive reviews. The only think that worries me the most is the switching and that I end up paying with Scottish Gas (who is our current supplier) and also BULB. I know it says they take care of all the switch over but how do they do this and how do the payments from my current supplier get cancelled etc and moved to bulb? ID just like to find out how seamless this process is and how it works
Thanks

1. If you haven’t done so already please have a look at this Bulb article regarding the switching process: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360016445831-What-happens-when-I-switch-to-Bulb-

2. Any outstanding credit or debit with your previous supplier will not be transferred to Bulb, You will either need to pay any debit to the previous supplier or they will refund any money if you are in credit.

You should receive a final bill from your previous supplier within six weeks. In my case when I switched to Bulb I received my final bills from two different six of the large suppliers within about 3 weeks.

Personally I didn’t cancel my detect debit with the two previous suppliers until the final bills were received and my credit was refunded to my bank account.

1. If you switch suppliers you will need to set up a new direct debit.

I switched to Bulb over a year ago and it was a smooth and seamless process.

PS they will offer you a smart meter and I recommend you decline at this point in time.