I am Rosie from the Warm Home Discount team
We have an update on this winter’s Warm Home Discount announcing:
- Our Broader Group opening date
- Our new criteria
- Information about our Core Group members getting contacted by the Department for Work and Pensions
Our Opening Date for the Broader Group:
We’re opening applications on 27 October 2020. Members who have registered their interest will be contacted about this ahead of time to ensure they’re aware of the opening date, by email or post depending on their communication preference on their Bulb account. You will be able to apply on 27 October 2020 using this link.
Core Group information:
You can get the Warm Home Discount with Bulb as part of the Core Group if both of the following apply:
- you joined Bulb on or before 5 July 2020
- you get the Guaranteed Credit element of Pension Credit
You will get the £140 payment by 31 March 2021.
The Department for Work and Pensions will send you a letter between October and December 2020 to let you know if you need to do anything to get the payment.
If you pay for your energy monthly by Direct Debit, we’ll add the discount as credit to your Bulb account.
If you top up your meters, we’ll send you a Post Office voucher, with instructions for adding it to your meter.
All payments to eligible members will be made before 31 March 2021.
Our New Criteria:
We are expanding our criteria to include these benefits this year :
- the Guarantee element of Pension Credit, if you weren’t with Bulb on 5th July 2020 and your previous supplier didn’t offer the Warm Home Discount
- Council Tax Reduction with a total annual household income of £16,190 or less
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- War Pension Scheme: Mobility Supplement (WPMS) or War Pension Scheme: Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA)
- Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- Armed Forces Guaranteed Income Payment
- Armed Forces Pension Scheme
These were not offered previously, and may not be offered by other suppliers as part of the Warm Home Discount Scheme!
Can’t upload documents to your Broader Group application:
If you’re not sure what information is needed to complete your Broader Group application, or want to check our criteria, you can find more information to see if you’re eligible on our Help Centre.
If you’re struggling to upload your documents to your application, you can get support completing your application over the phone. Please call us on 0808 164 8755 between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Please note that we will need you to post in your documents if you’re completing your application over the phone. An application is only completed after the documents have been uploaded (at our end or yours) so please make sure you have them to hand, to upload or post to us. We award our spaces on a first-come-first-served basis as members complete their applications.