Thought I would mention my experience

In about September/October I got my notice of prices going up. On receiving this I did the old round of quote checking…Once again I found I was OK with Bulb, so told them to increase by the extra needed, and they did so and would start November…

Today 14th Nov. got a further mail telling me price going up in December, and adding a further amount on top of the increase of my already increased amount…
Well I got straight on to bulb, and asked if they could clarify this… We had a good conversation and he saw my point, and looked at my year usage then put the payment back down.
I know not everything can be settled fast as this, but for me this was a great contact, so it makes me feel that if there is a problem just call bulb up and talk it over first

Today 14th Nov. got a further mail telling me price going up in December, and adding a further amount on top of the increase of my already increased amount…

This could be a little upsetting to some when you say the price is going up in December, most certainly I haven't had notification of this.

Did you mean your DD payment is going up in December?

Well it won’t be going up now because I have spoken to them, as I said in my post, but below is part of the mail I received at the time.

“To cover this, we need to increase your payments from £91 to £109 a month.
We’ll do this automatically on 8 th December, 2018”

… (note 8th each month is payment day for me)…

You’re lucky! I got an email telling me that my DD was increasing by 95% despite my first bill being within 5% of my actual useage

Well it won't be going up now because I have spoken to them, as I said in my post, but below is part of the mail I received at the time.

“To cover this, we need to increase your payments from £91 to £109 a month.
We’ll do this automatically on 8 th December, 2018”

… (note 8th each month is payment day for me)…

I’m just trying to get clarification, you didn’y mean unit prices were going up in December? You actually meant DD payment going up?

This was the email I got:
How we’ve calculated this
Using the information we have about your home, we think your energy will cost £1225 over the next 12 months. And you need to end up with two month’s credit (£206) at this point next year to cover the cold winter months. You already have £120 of credit, so your payments should be £107 a month to keep your balance healthy.

Hi all,

We have not announced any upcoming changes to the unit rates or standing charges. These emails were sent to members when our calculations think the current direct debit amount is insufficient to cover what we forecast his next year’s usage to be.

These can sometimes have errors, and if we haven’t received any meter readings from you in a while there can be errors in this, it’s best to get in touch with us if you’re concerned or think the new amounts aren’t quite right.

Bill