Time on IHD

Am I right in assuming that the IHD6-CAD-PPMID gets it time information from the smart meter? My meter is evidently running on BST and my IHD is displaying BST but it changes between tariff rates as per GMT. The outside smart meter changes rates correctly. How can I correct the tariff change time on the IHD.

How can I correct the tariff change time on the IHD.

You can’t.

It’s interesting that the meter itself is switching at the right times, but the IHD is not. Add it to the list of bugs.

Is there a bug list, if so where?

Is there a bug list, if so where?

I’m afraid I was being metaphorical. I basically just meant “tell Bulb”.

Why have you created a second thread on this? Duplicate thread: http://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/13716/cheap-rate-changeover-times

sorry, I wasn’t aware I had. Another bug?

So how do I tell bulb? The frequently asked questions don’t cover it. There does not seem to be a contact us. Does Ask a question get seen by Bulb staff?

So how do I tell bulb? The frequently asked questions don't cover it. There does not seem to be a contact us. Does Ask a question get seen by Bulb staff?

Have you looked on the Help page for their contact details?

So how do I tell bulb? The frequently asked questions don't cover it. There does not seem to be a contact us. Does Ask a question get seen by Bulb staff?

Do you mean the box labelled “Ask the community a question”? If so, no, that is just another way of posting a new thread on this community forum. Possibly that’s why you’ve ended up posting two duplicate threads asking essentially the same question.

The contact details are helpfully on the page called “Help” from the link at the top. Admittedly you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, which is not great. If you don’t want to scroll, you can type “contact” in the search box at the top of the help page and the first result returned is “How can I contact Bulb?”.