Too much in credit

My monthly payments have gone up to £200 a month and I can’t seem the change them. I live in a small flat, work long hours and barely use gas or electricity. My account is now £334 IN CREDIT, with another £200 due out at the beginning of May. I’ve been providing meter reasons but my DD is still sitting at £200 :worried:

I have just sent Bulb a message to say I will switch if they don’t let me reduce my payment to reflect my usage and will let you know the result. I will say that a year ago, or so, I had built up some credit and as long as it was greater than your next payment they were happy to refund and they did. I think it was even the same day or at most the next and I did that through chat. I know they are in a bit of a mess but it’s no excuse for poor customer service and keeping hold of our hard earned money. That is simply not on! Keep us posted. There are interesting messages below regarding refunds.

1 Like

If you wish, Bulb can take the exact amount of your bill from your bank account every month, instead of paying the same amount every month.

2 Likes

You have the right to ask for some of your credit back, i cancelled DD and pay what i owe when i receive the bill each month but always leave at least £100.00 in credit.
You can control this yourself just let them know what you are doing and remember next winter bills are going to be extortionate.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s partly why I haven’t fully chased it up……wondering if I should just let some credit build up to combat winter. If I could reduce my DD slightly though that would help.

Why not change to paying the billed amount, but let “credit” build up in your own bank account!!??

1 Like

That’s my plan now - I’ve got back my credit and switched to pay as you go so I can clear credit card debt over the summer, and be ready for the even bigger bills forecast for next winter