Top up meter switching

I have been asking bulb to switch from top up meters to direct bit for over 6 months, Bulb keep telling me “we are waiting for credit report”

Which is usually instant, ,

Hey @garyb710

Credit checks usually take 2-3 weeks to come through but sometimes there’s a bit of a backlog. I can see yours came back in February. I’ve sent you an email to help us get some more information about your meters to book in an exchange.

– H :sunflower:

Quick response from bulb seeing they got email on the check 3 months ago plus another one exspect

Hi @madzgagz52, I’m sorry that there’s been a delay on this. If you’re able to confirm with Holly which slot works best for you via email, we can get this all booked in!

Lou :stars:

I ain’t got a problem I was making a comment on what garyb710 said

Is there still a charge of £120 for switching from a prepayment meter to a credit meter?

Hi @norman7115, are you eligible for having a smart meter fitted? If so, we’ll be able to do this for free. Otherwise, yes, all non-essential and non-smart jobs with Siemens cost £120.

Hi @Lou_at_Bulb. Thanks for the quick reply.

@Lou_at_Bulb, I forgot to ask if there were any other conditions for this kind of meter swap apart from the credit check? I think previously you had to have been a Bulb customer for at least 1 month and up-to-date with your payments - is that still the case?

Hi @Lou_at_Bulb how do I know if I’m eligible for a switch? I sent an email a while back but never got any response.

Hi @norman7115,

An excellent question! Yes, so the other main criteria other than passing the soft credit check is being a member for more than 2 months.

Once those two criteria have been met, we can then proceed with booking in your smart meter installation.

We’d usually ask you to take a photo of your meter(s) to see if a smart meter installation is possible. Some homes have unique meter set ups, which means that a smart meter installation may not be possible just yet.

Hope this helps! Do let me know if you wanted me to clarify anything :relaxed:

Hey @vberna,

Welcome to Bulb community! :wave: I was just about to send you an email to ask some questions to see if you’re able to switch your meters, but I see you’re already discussing this with my colleague.

Do let me know if you needed me to clarify anything from my colleague’s response to your email :slightly_smiling_face:

I had £8.90 on my meter when it got changed for a smart meter. I need that credit. I payed for it.

Why hasn’t it been credited to my new meter?

Hi @doodlesmcpooh Welcome to community :wave:

I’m sorry you had issues getting the credit onto your new smart meter.

I can see you were in touch with us over email and the credit has now been transferred which is great.

If you have any further questions let me know.

Thanks,
KT :bulb: