£50

When I looked online it said I would receive a £50 free top up. I started receiving my gas elec from you yesterday can you please tell me when I should receive this please as it’s one off main reasons I swapped to you. Thank you

If you click on the help button and then referrals you will get the info there.

When I looked online it said I would receive a £50 free top up. I started receiving my gas elec from you yesterday can you please tell me when I should receive this please as it's one off main reasons I swapped to you. Thank you

Did you use a referral link from another customer? The £50 is the credit from the customer referral system.

Hiya,

You should receive it over the next couple of days. if not just call us on 0300 30 30 635, from Monday to Friday (9:00am to 6:00pm) and we can look into this for you.

Our lines reopen on wednesday.

I didn’t get a referral code I didn’t read as that. I joined through a price comparison site and said that it included when joined, like when some have gift cards etc. I have checked meter and still not on. So can u only receive this if you got referred as it’s one off only reasons I joined so if that’s case I’ll be going else where. Thanks

I didn't get a referral code I didn't read as that. I joined through a price comparison site and said that it included when joined, like when some have gift cards etc. I have checked meter and still not on. So can u only receive this if you got referred as it's one off only reasons I joined so if that's case I'll be going else where. Thanks

I find it incredible that the only reason you switched to Bulb was to get the £50 referral. Did you do a price comparison check to see how Bulb compared with other energy suppliers?