Topping up to receive my £75 referral from joining bulb

I have now fully switched from EDF to Bulb and have received my gas card and electric key. However, I still have £30 electricity credit on my meter from EDF and £11 gas. I could really use the £75 as it is the first month in the new house and moving costs were higher than expected, and payday is still a couple of weeks away. If i top up money onto my card and key but do not insert them into the meter, does this still count as crediting my account? Or would i need to physically insert the key or card into the meters in order to validate my referral claim?

Your question probably needs an answer directly from Bulb staff, but I believe you can interchange gas cards without losing existing credit, however using a new electricity key will lose the credit on your old key.

That might help you if Bulb pay out referral cash for top up of one fuel, but I can’t recall if that’s the case. Again, maybe a question for Bulb directly, unless a fellow Prepay customer can confirm.

Hi @Praada, I’m sorry to hear about the difficulties you’re having. Unfortunately, we need to receive communication from the meter itself that our key/card has been used to top up the meter. Without this the TransferWise email will not be triggered.

Hi @Praada, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having. Unfortunately, we need to receive communication from the meter itself that our key/card has been used to top up the meter. Without this the TransferWise email will not be triggered.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, it’s not too difficult but would be much easier with the £75 :slight_smile: Is it true what Norman says, the gas card will allow a topup and keep what is currently showing as credit, but the electric key will wipe and replace existing credit? Do i have to topup both the key and card or will just topping up gas trigger the transferwise? @“Devin at Bulb”

Is it true what Norman says, the gas card will allow a topup and keep what is currently showing as credit, but the electric key will wipe and replace existing credit? Do i have to topup both the key and card or will just topping up gas trigger the transferwise? @"Devin at Bulb"

Please see https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360006251851-How-do-I-start-using-my-Bulb-prepayment-key-or-card-

I have read that now, thank you, it is whether the email will be triggered by just topping up the gas will work or not, either way i will need to topup gas before electric, i have lots of electric credit left over from compensation due to EDF and landlord not clearing previous debts when i moved in to the property.

Hi @Praada I think it should be fine if you top up the gas! Go for it.

I think it should be fine if you top up the gas!

Is that a definite then? In the case of a dual fuel Prepay switch, topping up either only gas or only electric will generate the TransferWise email?

I will try and let you know @norman7115

@norman7115 @Praada Hi everyone, I’m so sorry, I’ve just double checked with our prepay team and you have to top up with electricity in order to get the referral email. Sorry if I misled you!

ah buggar, well looks like i’ll be waiting a few weeks then i still have over £30 electricity credit. I did topup £10 gas last night as it was needed and like said, it just adds to the current balance, not willing to lose £30 electricity credit though so i will wait :slight_smile:

Hi, i have now topped up both the electric and gas with my bulb card and key, but still haven’t had an email to collect the £75? Could really use the money as the end of the month is fully upon me and the car died to top things off

can anyone assist me with my question? Neither myself or my referee have received the £75 bonus we were told we would receive if i signed up and topped up. I have now topped up both the gas and electric as a bulb customer using the bulb key and card. Still no email received which i was told would need a topup of electricity to trigger?