Toto bill

I have received a final payment bill from Toto energy but I paid this months ago.
I thought you helped close off this account can you give me any help here please

Derek_1 September 19, 2018 8:27AM Flag
I have received a final payment bill from Toto energy but I paid this months ago.
I thought you helped close off this account can you give me any help here please

Hey @Derek_1

I would recommend contacting Toto Energy as they may have been incorrectly charging you without properly closing your account. Give them a call or drop them an email and they should sort it out.

Hi @Derek_1 as @mitchell saysI’d recommend getting in touch with Toto to see exactly why they are still charging you. It may be a glitch on their side, which they can just fix, otherwise if they say they need something from us we’d be more than happy to send or resend anything, or get in touch with them if needs be. The only reason I say you might be better off getting in touch with them first is that there are lots of things we can’t talk to them about (e.g. your payments, your account status or your name) because of data protection and all that, but if it is one of the things we can talk to them about we’ll be more than happy to do so