Trying to create and account?

Hi,

Can anyone help please? I am completely new to setting up an account for gas and eclectic. Me and my partner have just moved into a house that is powered by bulb for both gas and electric. I have filled out the moving in form (twice due to internet playing up) but have not heard anything back regarding prices or if we are set up? I have managed to do a user and password to post on the community but can not access anything regarding an account?

Does anyone know what the normal procedure is for setting up an account? Do I need to do anything different?

Thank you!

Typically you would click the “Get a Quote” link at the top of the page, and go from there. Is that what you’ve done?

If you haven’t got a £50 referral credit, I can send you mine :slight_smile:

We got told to go onto the moving in as the metres are already fitted. Otherwise we could end up paying a lot more than we need to as its a 4 bedroom house but only 2 of us living there.

We haven’t got a referral credit. Just a bit confused on how to do all this to get the right price

We got told to go onto the moving in as the metres are already fitted. Otherwise we could end up paying a lot more than we need to as its a 4 bedroom house but only 2 of us living there.

Not sure who or why you were told that. The price is the same no matter how you become a customer. Perhaps the person seemed to think that you’d pay more because Bulb need to install meters? That makes no sense.

Your property will already be “on supply” with an energy supplier. If this is a new build, then that will be whoever the builder has used to setup the properties and they will be able to tell you who that is. If it’s an existing occupied property, then the current owners will tell you who they are using. What you’ll need to do is contact that existing supplier on the day you move in, give them the opening meter readings, and setup a payment method with them. This is important - you don’t get to choose supplier on the day you move in. Energy suppliers do not supply people, they supply properties. You must become a customer of whoever is supplying the property on the day you move in. You won’t end up paying any more than you should, since you’ve given your exact meter readings at the time you move in.

Only once all that is done with the current supplier should you start a switch to Bulb. There’s more info on the switching process here:

You should continue to submit meter readings to your supplier, ideally monthly, so that you are billed accurately. This will resolve the issue of it being a large house with only two occupants. By giving your meter readings you’ll only ever pay for what you use. Also remember that your monthly payment is not the same as the bill. For more info on how accounts work with Bulb ,see here:

We haven't got a referral credit. Just a bit confused on how to do all this to get the right price

I’ve sent you my referral code :slight_smile:

Once you’re ready to switch from whoever is supplying the property at the time you move in, you should start your switch by clicking the link I’ve sent you. Then you go through the switching process as normal following the details in the link above.

If you need help with anything else, just ask. I know this is all a bit confusing with a first property.