Two payments been taken

Ok so im in a total panic. I paid £93 on the 27/12/18 as thats my monthly suggested amount. But today, another payment of £93 has come out of my bank account. I didn’t authorise this and I certainly didn’t want to make two payments less than a week apart!!! Please can someone reassure me I will get a refund of this second £93??? As I cant afford to pay both so close together!!! Help!!

I should also say, im panicking that they will refuse a refund as the second payment of £93 will be used in my unpaid account balance. I need this money back, Its January and I feel like ive been misled, as I purposely didn’t set up a direct debit as yet. Of course its Ne years day and no one is in Bulb office.

How has the payment been taken if you haven’t set up a direct debit yet?

It doesn’t help you now, but if you had set up a direct debit then you’d have been able to claim this back immediately from your bank rather than waiting days for Bulb to process a refund. Direct debits are nothing to fear.

Ok so im in a total panic. I paid £93 on the 27/12/18 as thats my monthly suggested amount. But today, another payment of £93 has come out of my bank account. I didn't authorise this and I certainly didn't want to make two payments less than a week apart!!! Please can someone reassure me I will get a refund of this second £93???? As I cant afford to pay both so close together!!! Help!!

Can you please clarify. it is a Bank Holiday today 1 January 2019 so in theory no transactions within your bank account should have taken place today. Without knowing further the details I reckon the £93 has only been taken once?

Do you have a bank statement or on line bank access which actually shows £93 was taken from your bank account today?