Unable to add payments to smart pre payment meter online

I thought the idea of having a smoart meter fitted was to make it easier to add credit to your meter without having to go to a paypoint. Every time i try to add credit via the app or on my account online it takes about an hour before they then send me a code about 16 characters long to enter into my home pad…crazy ! Also i paid £200 to add to my credit on March 31st to enable us to have a couple more months at the pre price hike rates. it took them 14 hours to then give me a code which obviously took me into April 1st, NEW RATES !! Now i have written 4 emails, tried to phone numerous times and nothing back, no emails at all since friday. I have not added the credit to my meter as i either want clarification it would be still at the old rate or a complete refund, why should i have paid all that money for them to take 14 hours to add it then charge me the higher rate instead of adding it sooner. NOT HAPPY !

Hi @jaynejess :wave: and welcome to Community :partying_face:

I’m really sorry about the delay in our response here. I can see you have been in touch with my colleague over email.

As you’ve stated you topped up £200 on the 31 March, but unfortunately due to connectivity issues with your meter this did not go on immediately, and a UTRN code was created.

Though you topped up on the 31 March, the rates would have still changed on the 1st April.

My colleague has requested a Comms Hub Reboot which hopefully should solve the connectivity issues with the meter, but this can take a few weeks.

I can see they have tasked this to come back to them on 17/05 (enough time for us to see if the comms hub reboot has been successful).

If you have any questions in the meantime please drop them below :point_down:

Best,
Luke :bulb:

With smart prepayment meters, your topup is simply added to the meter and buys fuel at the rate in force at the time the fuel is used (which changes when the tariff does). Unfortunately, you don’t get the tariff price in force at the time of the topup.

The flip side is that if prices ever fall again, you get the benefit of that straight away (so your existing credit would go further).