"Unfortunately we're currently unable to book a smart meter installation. Please try again later."

I received an email from Bulb where I can book an appointment for a smart meter installation.

I’ve tried several times over the past few days, going through the form options, and always right at the end I get this error message.

Bulb can you help?

It’s an omen from your guardian angel.
You should forget this idea until the industry figures out how to get the installation success rate to an acceptable level

1 Like

DrB…That would have been my answer as well, in saying that I dont ever intend getting one.

2 Likes
It's an omen from your guardian angel. You should forget this idea until the industry figures out how to get the installation success rate to an acceptable level

Thanks @DrB … your comment prompted me to have a look around at other threads. I’m not filled with confidence! I can wait.

2 Likes

It looks as though this error message is back. I’m a new bulb transfer who switched because of the promise of a smart meter. Has this message been there for the last 8 months? What does it take for suppliers to get their systems to work?

Five hours later and I was able to get onto the system and book an installation. Was it just volume of interest during “working hours” - who knows but I now have a date and a not very long wait. Credit where its due, maybe my annoyed e-mail provoked somebody to reset the system?

I waited 2 years on the list for a smart meter - it never came, I have just left bulb for another company who can hopefully sort me out with one.

you presume somebody actually read your email, that’s one helluva lot of presuming